Let’s keep going on that list jam, since it seems to be the easiest way for me to write about my life, which is still sort of amorphously purposed on the day-to-day level.
- The more I need to get Serious Bizness TM done, the more I clean my room.
- Let’s pretend no longer: this song is my jam (and the MC Casual BlogStyles of any time before a week ago would be so. ashamed. Whatever, full disclosure, right? It also helps to regard The Strokes as a completely different band after Room on Fire because they basically are. And then Phrazes for the Young and AHJr.’s solo stuff make more sense too.):
- Let’s also realize that I have a certain fondness for the lengthy parenthetical.
- I am way more rusty at GRE math than I had hoped.
- I have an irrationally short temper when it comes to the dating world. You send me a text that says “A penny for your thoughts…”? We are done, and I am insulted by your idea that I tolerate your bromides. You invite me to be your date at your birthday dinner after just one date? You will never hear from me again because that’s weird and a little sad.
- An addendum: I have, however, met some great friends through dating situations that didn’t work out, so in some rare cases it can be useful.
- And on a related note, I like being single.
- Even though I have gotten rid of a lot of my belongings, it’s hard to let go of some things. I have been through my clothing three times, and I am going to make a few more rounds of cuts before I move.
- Oh yeah, I’m moving out of the basement, bitches! MC Casual BlogStyles: soon-to-be Basement Dwella No Mo’! Barring global catastrophe (although I wouldn’t put it past the fates at this point, considering the year those of us on Dear Old Planet Earth have had), I will be moving to the best neighborhood ever. I will be Haver of Dinner and Lawn Parties and That Person Who Walks to the Grocery Store (And Bar) Because She Can’t Ride No Fancy Bicycle and Procurer of Free Internet at Coffee Shops Because Her Old House Doesn’t Have Internet or TV. Just a few of the more honorable titles I’ll soon adopt. Oh yeah, and my future roommates are cool, too. Seriously, though, I lucked out in finding a room in the only walking neighborhood in this city.
- I haven’t plucked my eyebrows since last winter because I am growing them out (…yeah, I know), and they actually don’t look heinous. But this is why bangs come in handy if one happens to spend some time in the public sphere.
- However, if I am not outside of my own home, there is a good chance my hair looks like this and I don’t even notice:
- I am working my way through Lolita as annotated by Appel and really enjoying the density of the annotation by Appel and the consequent feeling of stupidity and general talentlessness that Nabokov tends to instill.
- But I should really be thinking about fractions and exponents and whatnot right now–that, or working on the speech I am giving at Allison’s wedding in October. Both events: so soon! And so: so long!